Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
8 ounces uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti or 4 cups cooked
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 large eggs
1/2 cup non-fat milk or 2%
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 tomato, diced (optional)
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water until just tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain and refresh with cold water (skip step if using leftover spaghetti)
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large ovenproof non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, 10-12 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly. Wipe out the pan.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a large bowl. Stir in onions, Parmesan, basil, salt and pepper. Add the spaghetti.
- Coat the pan well with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and distribute evenly in the pan. Cook until the underside is golden, turning the pan around on the burner occasionally to ensure even cooking, 3-5 minutes.
- Invert a large platter over the pan, grasp the platter and pan with oven mitts and carefully turn over. Liftoff the pan and spray it again with cooking spray. Slide the frittata back into the pan and cook until the bottom is golden. Slide the frittata unto the platter. Garnish with tomato, if using.
Serving size-1/4 pan
Calories from fat-60
Total fat-7 grams
Saturated fat-2 grams
Total Carbohydrates-50 grams
- Try adding lean meats
- 2. Adding baby spinach would work well
Source: Eating Well Test Kitchen