Serving size – 1 1/3 cup
Calories – 322
Calories from fat – 63
Total fat – 7 grams
Saturated fat – 1 gram
Cholesterol – 78 mg
Sodium – 508 mg
Total carbohydrates – 42 grams
Sugar – 6 grams
Protein – 22 grams
ESTIMATED COST PER SERVING
Cost varies since using leftovers
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
2 teaspoons Olive oil
2 cups thinly sliced carrots
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 cups diced cooked turkey/chicken
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large skillet.
- Add carrots & cook, stirring, about 7 minutes. Add garlic & cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- Pour wine and stir until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add flour & sage; cook stirring constantly, until flour starts to turn brown.
- Stir in broth & simmer, stir occasionally, until sauce thickens.
- Add turkey & peas and season to taste. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Spread the potatoes on top of the turkey mixture. Bake until the potatoes & filling are heated through & the top is golden brown.