Calories : 348
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup zucchini, sliced
1 cup whole-wheat pasta noodles (like macaroni, spiral, or penne)
For the Sauce:
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup skim milk
¼ teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse broccoli florets with cold water and place with carrots in a steamer basket.
- Put the steamer basket in a saucepan filled with 1 inch water.
- Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and steam for another 2-3 minutes.
- Take vegetables out of steamer and place in mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan melt butter; whisk in flour.
- Gradually add in milk, basil, and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Remove sauce from the heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Pour sauce over the vegetables, add in cooked pasta and mix gently until combined.
Recipe and Image by: TexasWIC.org