Serving size –1.5 cups
Calories – 538
Calories from fat – 150
Total fat –17 grams
Saturated fat –9 grams
Cholesterol – 74 mg
Sodium – 390 mg
Total carbohydrates – 60 grams
Protein – 38 grams
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 60-90 minutes
4 ounces carrots, chopped
4 ounces green bell pepper, chopped
4 ounces celery, chopped
4 ounces broccoli, chopped
2 ounces onion, chopped
1-teaspoons garlic, chopped
8 ounces ground beef
2 cups tomato sauce
6 ounces water
4 teaspoons oregano, basil & Italian seasoning mix
3-4 cups of lasagne noodles, cooked
1 egg white
½ cup cottage cheese, 1%
½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
½ cup provolone cheese, grated
- Mixed chopped vegetables.
- Cook beef and vegetables in a frying pan; cook until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Blend tomato sauce, water & seasoning mixture.
- Add beef mixture; stir to blend. Simmer for at least 1 hour for the best result.
- Blend egg white and cheeses in a bowl.
- Spread a small amount of sauce into the bottom of an individual baking dish.
- Layer noodles, sauce, & cheeses; repeat layers and top with cheeses.
Bake at 375 degrees for at least 30 minutes or until done
- Try using ground turkey
- Use different vegetables
- Use eggplant instead of lasagne noodles
- Use non-fat Greek yogurt instead of cottage cheese
Source: Complete Diabetic Cookbook
What are your thoughts?