Serving size –4 ounces
Calories – 190
Calories from fat – 20
Total fat – 2.2 grams
Saturated fat – 0.5 grams
Cholesterol – 94 mg
Sodium – 60 mg
Total carbohydrates – 0 grams
Protein – 35 grams
- Try using chicken
- Use your own herb combination
- Use dripping to make your gravy
- Replace rosemary, sage, thyme & black pepper with poultry seasoning
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
1 whole bone-in turkey breast, 6.5 to 7 pounds
1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
2-teaspoon dry mustard
1-tablespoon rosemary leaves
1-tablespoon sage leaves
1-teaspoon black pepper
1-tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place turkey breast, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, mustard, herbs, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice to make a paste
- Smear the paste over the meat; pour wine into the bottom of the pan
- Roast the turkey for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours until the skin is golden brown and an inserted thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven; discard the skin.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes. Slice and serve.
Source: Food Network
What are your thoughts?