1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped (about three cloves)
1 lb. lean ground turkey
1 (8 oz.) bag shredded cabbage
1 (5 oz.) bag shredded carrots
¼ cup water
¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
3 green onions, chopped
2 cups ready to eat chow mein noodles
Tip: Prepare this dish with brown rice instead of chow mein noodles for more whole grains!
- Combine oil, ginger and garlic in a large skillet.
- Cook on low heat until ginger and garlic are tender, about two minutes.
- Add the ground turkey. Cook on medium heat until turkey is fully cooked and no longer pink.
- Add cabbage, carrots and water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and reduce heat to medium low; let the veggies slowly steam and soften for about two minutes.
- Remove lid and stir.
- Drain excess water.
- Add soy sauce and mix well; sprinkle with green onions.
- Top with chow mein noodles.