Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
4 ounces julienne vegetables (carrots & zucchini)
4 ounces linguine noodles, whole-grain
Two chicken breasts
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2-teaspoon garlic powder
1-tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup fat free/Low sodium chicken broth
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (adjust as needed)
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, low fat
Balsamic glaze to serve (optional)
- Clean and peel vegetables. Use either julienne peeler or knife to cut into matchstick-size pieces. Set aside.
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Cook spaghetti in boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm (about 10 minutes). Drain and transfer to large bowl.
- While spaghetti is cooking, season chicken with herbs and garlic, heat 1 1/2 teaspoon of oil in cooking pan, add chicken. Sear and cook about 6 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in pan and saute garlic and onions about 1 minute, add chicken stock and heat to simmer. Add julienne vegetables, spaghetti and tomatoes. Toss until heated; remove from heat.
- Mix in vinegar and Parmesan cheese. Slice chicken and add to mix. Toss the mixture until well combined.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze before serving.
Serving size – about 1.5 cups
Calories – 308
Calories from fat – 55
Total fat – 6 grams
Saturated fat – 1.5 grams
Cholesterol – 69mg
Sodium – 216mg
Total carbohydrates – 30 grams
Protein – 32 grams
- Substitute julienne vegetables for all pasta
- Can be served hot or cold
- Use leftover meats and pre-shredded vegetables to reduce preparation time