Serving size – 2-3 tacos
Calories – 330
Calories from fat – 110
Total fat – 12 grams
Saturated fat – 5 grams
Cholesterol – 170 mg
Sodium – 600 mg
Total carbohydrates – 26 grams
Protein – 25 grams
- Use lettuce leafs for taco shells to cut your calories, fat and sodium.
Prep time: 10-20 minutes
Cook time: 30-45 minutes
1½ teaspoons cumin seeds, crushed
1 large garlic clove, crushed
3 whole peeled tomatoes smashed
1½ pounds of ground beef
1 teaspoon of salt
- Grind cumin seeds, garlic and whole peeled tomatoes separately in a molcajete (mortar bowl). Set aside the seasoning mix.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into the hot skillet. Cook and stir until the beef is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Return ground beef to heat. Pour seasoning mixture and water over the beef; stir to combine and salt to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook until the moisture absorbs into the meat, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with assorted toppings.